Tuesday 3 April 2018

On the Narra Gauge

Well Easter is over for another year. It was a busy one helping run the local model train show here in Bendigo. Thanks to everyone who came by the way, it made the effort worthwhile.

A couple of projects are currently in for painting and will be finished in the next week or so. In the meantime I thought I would share a model that I have had for some time now. Last year I was able to obtain this:
That's right. I have Puffing Billy (well...one of them). This model was produced back in 1978, which makes it 40 years old this year. You will also note another familiar name on the box: The Model Dockyard. This company produced a few models in the 1960s to 1980s when there wasn't much around for the Australian railway modeller. They produced The Victorian R-class (over 3 production runs beginning in 1967 and concluding in the early 1980s), the NSW C38-class Pacific in un-streamlined condition and also the NSW AD60 Garratt. So this model is part of a very small selection of models produced in this era for the Australian market in brass.

So now it is time to see the model itself:


I have had issues getting it to run, but even as a static model it is a nice one to have. It came with a set of Alco Models numbers so it will eventually be painted. I also have a single NBH car plus a couple of NQR wagons (one a kit version that needs bogies, another is a scrach-built one by it's previous owner/builder):
I don't plan to have a heap of this stuff, but I would like to build up a representative collection of Victorian Narrow Gauge in this scale, so it can be displayed alongside my HO-scale models one day.



No comments:

Post a Comment