Sunday 8 April 2018

A Thank You message

Later this week I hope to have an update on the ballast wagon and the other wagon project. I though I would make this post about how the blog itself is tracking.

I started this blog a little over 5 years ago and it came about after seeing others doing the same thing and showcasing their works. In fact I had been following the Comtrain one for quite a while. I have been building model rollingstock for about 15 years now and suffice to say, my skill level and expectations on how the end result should turn out have changed a lot. When I first started I built things very basic: no brake detail and not even close to painting them the right colour but we all have to start somewhere don't we. I don't have a lot of my early stuff but if I do find any of it I might post a pic or two. I tended to make better ones then sell off the 'mistakes' to somebody else.

So I thought I would give a little insight into how the blog has been tracking in recent weeks, given the posts have been many and varied:
As you can see, things have got pretty busy. I used to just put up the main link to my blog, but this tended not to reflect the actual views of the post. So now I provide a direct link to that post and can keep better track of how many views each gets. The blog itself has had just over 21,550 views since it started. I would like to thank everyone who has been following it, whether that be from day dot or in the more recent months. It is nice to know that the work is appreciated by fellow modellers or those who are just a bit curious as to what I actually do for a hobby.

Anyway....better get back to that painting while the weather is still reasonable for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment