Sunday 25 March 2018

Ready to rock on and a plug for Easter

With the Grand Prix on over the weekend (which Vettel won BTW) and a few projects in for painting and possible completion before Easter, I thought it was a good time to get another project up to the same stage for painting after Easter:

This kit was one of the purchases from Stawell last year. It has been out of the packet at least half a dozen times to study how it all goes together. Lyndons Trains kits are fairly simple to put together and I have built at least one before which was the HZB brake block transport wagon (see http://mattsvicrailmodelling.blogspot.com.au/2017/07/taking-brakeand-blocking-up.html). I decided I could tackle this one between watching the Supercars and the F1 cars race around Albert Park on the TV. Well the build is now finished and it is awaiting a spot in the paint shop after Easter:
And what number will it be? Well this is another wagon in the Victorian Goldfields Railway fleet so it will be finished off as VZMA40-L and will have the odd spoke wheelset on one bogie with the other 3 axles being fitted with disc wheels:
Photo from Norm Bray's Flickr site: https://www.flickr.com/photos/60901191@N08/

For those who are going to be in Bendigo on the Easter Weekend, the Bendigo Model Railroaders will be holding their bi-annual exhibition. Here are some details:
All going to plan I may have some of my completed and in the works projects displayed on the layout 'Town and Country' which was last displayed in Bendigo on debut in 2014. If not I may be up for a chat depending on how busy I am as I am actively involved with running the exhibition with other club members. So I may see some of you this weekend. 😀




No comments:

Post a Comment