Friday 23 February 2018

Give me a sign-al


Now this is another one of those projects that has been left wanting to be finished for far too long. So the solution is simple: finish the bloody thing!

This is a Heritage Scale Models VR Home signal which has been given a lick of paint for return to its owner. I’d like to say I built these but alas I didn’t. The stories I have read and heard about the fidelity in putting one together is probably enough to put me off trying anytime soon anyway. The owner has been pretty patient and that might have something to do with the layout it ‘could’ be seen on in the near future. Detailing that layout here might be a bridge too far at this point (some might work that one out) but it might be covered in a future post.

Anyway here is the signal all dressed up apart from some coloured ‘glass’ in the spectacles.

 I also have another one of these for myself which also needs to be painted. But since I don't have a layout to plant it on yet I'm not in any rush to bother with it yet.

1 comment:

  1. I have put together a few of these signal kits, and the only thing I struggle with is bending the actuating wire at the right spot to get the spectacle plate, and the signal arm to pivot as per the prototype. But I suggest a good magnifying light for your workbench is the key to successfully building the signal kit. Good luck

    ReplyDelete