Saturday 27 September 2014

Guard against trouble

Been a while since I last built a Steam Era Models Z van. Each time I do one I improve on the construction of the last. The last one I built was the smooth door version when first released at Hobson's Bay back in 2009 (it has since been sold). I decided it was time to tackle another one since I need at least 3 in my fleet. The construction was pretty quick, in fact only taking a couple of days after purchase of the kit. I made one big change and that was the blanking of the centre cupola windows to reflect the Z van in later life.To help those who wish to do this modification to their Z van I've included a diagram with measurements for the blanking plates, along with pictures of the model ready to go in for paint:




1 comment:

  1. Perfect, I'm about to start a Z modification of my own to blank out the windows. I'll use this as a guide, thanks.

    ReplyDelete