Tuesday 29 October 2013

Project Vulcan Part 1

Progress on painting the AW is proceeding well, with the carriage likely to be finished in the next week or so.

In the meantime I have finally started a project that has been waiting 5 years for me to begin. That project is a Steam Era Models oil-burning J-class steam locomotive kit. As I require a oil fired J-class for my VGR roster (J549) I purchased the kit 5 years ago so that when the time was right I would already have the kit ready to start building. That time has finally come.

The kit itself is very well designed as most of the soldering thus far has been done from the inside. The etched brass components fit together very well. Anyway here are a couple of photos of the tender currently under construction:








The next step will be to construct and fit the oil tank and detail the rear of the tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment